Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Preparing Pumpkin Seeds

  Kids love preparing pumpkin seeds. You can make a healthy, delicious seasonal snack from the leftovers? It's simple to roast pumpkin seeds, and they make a yummy end to a pumpkin carving session with your little helpers in the kitchen. My youngest loved helping me sort out the seeds.

 When it comes to food, Thomas is always ready to give a helping hand. I love my little helper!     

 Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

  1. Pumpkin seeds out of hollowed out pumpkin
  2. 1 teaspoon sea salt or other salt
  3. 4 tablespoons melted butter

Give your kids something to do!
Clean pumpkin seeds out from the mushy mass of strings with water and pat dry. Let dry overnight. Mix ingredients together and toss pumpkin seeds to coat evenly. Place on a cookie sheet in an even layer and bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour or until seeds are browned. Stir once or twice during baking.

1 comment:

Kamilyan said...

How cute is Thomas! That's so funny, I was reading about the very many health benefits of pepitas today as I was munching on them raw. Salted with butter sounds yummy. I love the baked pumpkin too :)